The Humblebee Gardeners are looking to recruit a Skilled Gardener
Our team provides garden design, garden management and skilled garden maintenance around the beautiful area of Ludlow, as well as growing interesting hardy perennials in our small nursery. We are now looking for a further 2 experienced Horticulturists to join our growing team.
- Be physically fit and able to undertake all garden related duties and be prepared to work all year round
- Have demonstrated horticultural ability, good plant identification skills and a genuine passion for the work
- Be willing to work alongside us to ensure the highest horticultural standards are maintained
- Have good communication skills and high levels of customer service.
- Be adaptable and flexible and enjoy being part of a close-knit team, whilst being able to work alone where needed and show initiative
- Have a keen eye of detail and pride in your work
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of health and safety practices and legislation
- Ideally a minimum of RHS Level 2 or similar is required
- An understanding and interest in naturalistic planting and garden principles is desirable
- Hold a full UK drivers license and have use of your own car
About the position
As a member of the team, you will:
- Maintain and develop a range of gardens to a high standard
- Be responsible for your own set of specialist tools, provided by us
- Typical duties for the role include seasonal border maintenance such as weeding, mulching, plant division and pruning; Specialist wisteria, rose and orchard pruning; planting and larger scale soft landscaping
- Develop good relationships with the clients, providing advice and consultation where appropriate
- Occasionally help in maintaining our plant nursery stock
- Attend flower shows and plant sales
- Potential involvement in garden design if you have the desire and skill.
We are a close-knit team and value the differing strengths of our team members. We are always looking for new practices and techniques to improve our work and enjoy experimenting to this end. We work closely with our sister company The Humble-Bee Landscaping & Construction Ltd. who create the hard landscaping for our projects, along with specialist woodworking.
If you think this could be the career for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,128.00-£29,120.00 per year
- Company events
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
- Gardening: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To find out more, or for an informal chat call 01584 891463 or 07534 148428 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
High: 4°C | Low: -5°C
High: 3°C | Low: -3°C
High: 4°C | Low: -1°C
High: 4°C | Low: -3°C