Horticulturist Required to work at The Humble-Bee Landscaping & Construction Ltd
Number of posts to fill: 1
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time (40 hours) possibility of over time
Rate of Pay: £ 23,000- 26,000 (DOE)
About The Humble-Bee Landscaping & Construction Ltd
Humble-Bee provides excellent garden design, consultation and garden maintenance around the beautiful area of Ludlow, as well as growing interesting hardy perennials in their small nursery. They are now looking for another Horticulturist to join them!
They are a close-knit team and are always looking to challenge the norm, finding innovative and improved ways of working. They work closely with their sister company The Humble-Bee Landscaping & Construction who create the hard landscaping for their projects, along with specialist woodworking and timber buildings. They value the differing strengths of their team members and enjoy building a strong and supported team with a shared passion in gardens.
• Be physically fit and able to undertake all garden related duties.
• Have demonstrated horticultural ability, good plant identification skills and a genuine passion for the work.
• Be willing to work alongside us to ensure the highest horticultural standards are maintained.
• Have good communication skills.
• Be adaptable and flexible and enjoy being part of a close-knit team, whilst being able to work alone where needed and show initiative.
• Be friendly, polite and diplomatic.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of health and safety practices and legislation.
• Manage workloads by planning and prioritising effectively.
• Ideally a minimum of RHS Level 2 or similar is required, along with PA1/PA6 Spraying Certificates.
• An understanding and interest in naturalistic planting and garden principles is desirable.
About the position:
As a member of the team, you will be required to maintain and develop a range of gardens and areas to a high standard, using specialist horticultural skills. Typical duties for the role include seasonal border maintenance such as weeding, mulching, plant division and pruning; Specialist Wisteria, Rose and Orchard pruning; planting and larger scale soft landscaping; develop good relationships with the clients, providing advice and consultation where necessary; maintaining nursery stock and being involved in propagation; attend flower shows and plant sales; garden design.
If you are interested in the position, they look forward to hearing from you!
High: 33°C | Low: 16°C