Technical Operative Required at Vimto Ross
There is no other business quite like ours, we think this is a special place to work, even if we do say so ourselves!
For example, our last survey found 97% of our employees feel we really care about their health and wellbeing and the same number think we have open and honest communication at all levels… That means an opportunity like this is not to be missed.
We have been making life taste better since 1908. As well as our refreshingly different Vimto taste, our varied brand portfolio spans the still, carbonated, post-mix, coffee and frozen drinks categories – so you will find us in your local supermarket, pub and leisure outlet. We also work with the UK’s leading food manufacturers to provide a truly unique range of products everyone loves.
Vimto Ross is an exciting part of the manufacturing arm of Nichols plc. We produce and package products from our own brands including Vimto and Sunkist, along with many other well-known soft drinks and mixers.
Operating as part of a small team with a variety of process and packaging machines, you will deliver the production of concentrated drinks to schedule. You will understand the machine operating principles as well as offer first line Autonomous Maintenance.
At the heart of everything is our rich family heritage, an unrelenting ambition to keep innovating, and a true pride in who we are.
We are actively looking for difference and we are working hard to make sure all our practices are inclusive
We have 2 exciting opportunities to join our team working predominantly 12 hour nights starting at 6pm and finishing at 6am Monday evening – Friday morning on a permanent basis and one on a 6 month fixed term contract.
• Be part of the manufacturing teams in ensuring required daily workload is completed on time, in full and to the approved standards.
• Following SOPs and Approved Recipes to ensure we have the best soft drinks and mixers available.
• Operating as a shift expert, completing a range of tasks including (but not limited to)
o shift preparation
o machine operating
o process controls
o plant monitoring
o first level maintenance
o work area cleanliness
• Support the coverage of any key skills across shift, being able to substitute for mixer operative and team leader if required in short periods of leave.
• Develop and Implement CILT – Clean, Inspect, Lubricate and Tighten schedules for machines, aligning with maintenance team members to support the up-time activities, reduction of failures and cost improvement
• Report any issues with stock or equipment immediately to your team leader to minimise downtime.
• Dispose of any waste via the appropriate procedures, ensuring any production/stock wastage is monitored and reported.
• Operate as a trainer for new team members ensuring a robust validation process is also in place with your Team Leader.
• Support the development of maintenance standards and fully support maintenance technician
YOU WILL BE:
• Flexible – shift patterns and business needs can change therefore our manufacturing teams must have an adaptable mindset and available to work the opposite shift patterns if required.
• Proud to be part of the family and committed to doing a great job every day.
• Open to learning new skills and training others.
• Communicate positively with others – operating as a role model for the Vimto values.
• Equivalent of 5 weeks holiday (with opportunity to buy extra every year)
• Private medical cover
• Your Birthday off work
• A generous pension scheme
• Annual bonus
Join us and #findyourdifferent
While our people tell us Nichols plc is a great place to work, we know we can do more. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are learning what this means every day.
We are striving to ensure we are building more diverse teams, we are at our best when we bring together our different life experiences, ways of thinking and individuality.
Any job offer is subject to an individual’s Right to Work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas.
To Apply Please Click HERE
High: 4°C | Low: -4°C
High: 4°C | Low: -3°C
High: 5°C | Low: -1°C
High: 5°C | Low: -2°C