Fire service thanks businesses for patience in flats blaze

You are viewing content from Sunshine Radio Herefordshire and Monmouthshire. Would you like to make this your preferred location?

Businesses and residents in Monmouth have been thanked for their help and patience following a fire at a block of flats yesterday.

Fire crews including Coleford and Ross on Wye were called to Monk Street after a fire broke out in the roof space of Royal George House.

Today, South Wales Fire and Rescue service said it wanted to thank people for their patience as the incident was tackled.

A spokeswoman for the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “Multiple crews attended the scene using specialist equipment to extinguish the fire which had caused significant damage to the roof of a three-storey property.

“All persons were accounted for and evacuated by crews with no injuries were reported."

More from Local News

Today's Weather

  • Hereford

    Heavy Rain

    High: 18°C | Low: 11°C

  • Abergavenny

    Heavy Rain

    High: 18°C | Low: 13°C

  • Monmouth

    Light rain

    High: 18°C | Low: 13°C

Like Us On Facebook