General Contest Rules
Sunshine FM Ltd (Sunshine Radio) and Murfin Media Ltd (Sunshine Radio)
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
- By participating in a contest on Sunshine Radio and/or its website, entrants agree to the specific rules, terms and conditions provided for that particular contest as stated, either in addition to or in place of the Official General Contest Rules given here.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ODDS OF WINNING: No purchases necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. All participants must be at least 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the UK (unless otherwise specified), except employees of Sunshine Radio affiliates, subsidiaries, and successor companies, contest sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies, contest prize suppliers, participating advertisers and immediate family members of anyone so situated. “Immediate family members” shall include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household address, whether or not related. If minors are permitted to participate in the contest, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor at the time of entry must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, and Sunshine Radio reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of a minor.
- HOW TO ENTER: One entry per person. One winner per household. Void where prohibited by law. Listeners may only win once every thirty (30) days. Sunshine Radio reserves the right to alter the thirty (30) day rule to the length of any specific contest. Sunshine Radio reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind. The decision of the Sunshine Radio is final. All UK laws and regulations apply. Sunshine Radio their subsidiaries and affiliates, their officers, directors, agents, stockholders, insurers, and employees, and their advertising and promotional agencies and sponsors assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damages, loss or injury resulting from participating in any contest or acceptance or use of any prize. In consideration of participation in a contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the Entrant, on Entrant’s behalf, and on behalf of Entrant’s heirs, successors or assigns, administrators and personal representatives, does hereby COVENANT NOT TO SUE, FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE (i) Sunshine FM Ltd(ii) Murfin Media Ltd, and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and related entities, (iii) each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, solicitors, shareholders and representatives, and (iv) each predecessor, successor, and assign thereof, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including representatives’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to Entrant’s participation in any contest. a. Telephone Entries. If a contest accepts telephone entries, Sunshine Radio and sponsors are not responsible for the inability of caller to complete the call during the call-in portion of the contest whether due to telephone equipment malfunctions; disconnections; busy lines; faulty, mis-transcribed, misdirected, or mis-dialed telephone communications; or other circumstances. Only calls to the designated telephone number will be eligible to win. b. Fax and Mail Entries. If a contest accepts fax or mail entries (postal or electronic), Sunshine Radio and its sponsors are not responsible for the late, misdirected, lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated or late postage entries for any reason, including electronic or computer malfunctions that may affect the delivery or content of the entry, nor are they liable for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or hardware related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest. c. Web Site Entries. In the event a contest accepts website entries, participants must accurately complete all required fields or entry will be deemed invalid. Sunshine Radio and its sponsors shall have no liability for any malfunction of the Internet, Sunshine Radio’s website or any other computer-related processor system. Sunshine Radio is not responsible for any prize offered or any aspect of any contest appearing on an advertiser’s web banner or hyperlink located on Sunshine Radio’s website. d. Drop Box Entries. In the event a contest accepts entry forms by deposit in an entry box, Sunshine Radio and its sponsors are not responsible for lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated, or incomplete entry forms, and such entries will be deemed invalid.
- PRIZES: Prizes are specified within individual contest rules. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No substitution or cash equivalent will be made. Sunshine Radio reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the awarded prize in unavailable for any reason. If tickets to a performance are awarded as a prize, Sunshine Radio is not responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the performance for any reason and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute the tickets for another prize should the performance not be rescheduled or vouchers not issued. Furthermore Sunshine Radio is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any tickets awarded as a part of a travel prize due to such cancellations or delays.
- HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Winners will be selected as described in the specific rules of each contest. Winners agree to appear at Sunshine Radio’s studios to claim the prize if requested, unless alternate arrangements are acceptable to the Sunshine Radio 106.2/107/107.8 FM promotions department. Sunshine Radio’s address is Suite 5, Penn House, Broad Street, Hereford HR4 9AP and prizes may only be claimed between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner -winner assumes the risk of the prize’s safe arrival. Winners must provide proof of age if requested, photo identification or valid utility bill. Sunshine Radio reserves the right to deny awarding the prize if the winner fails to provide satisfactory identification, as determined by Sunshine Radio’s sole discretion. In addition, winners may be asked to agree to execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability before any prize is awarded. If the prize is travel tickets, travel partners, if any, must meet age eligibility requirements and must also execute an affidavit of eligibility, indemnification and release of liability prior to awarding the prize. Failure to execute any of these documents or comply with any of the terms will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners have sixty (60) days from the date their name is first announced on the air, or by other disclosed mode of public dissemination, to claim and pick up their prize. Failure to claim and pick up prize within this time for any reason will result in forfeiture of the prize. Sunshine Radio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award unclaimed prizes to alternate contestants or not to award the unclaimed prizes.
Any additional costs relating to the prizes, and incurred as a result of accepting the prizes, is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTIES: All participants agree to be bound by these rules. Sunshine Radio, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person for (i) violating any of these rules, (ii) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sunshine Radio’s website, (iii) gaining an unfair advantage in participating in the contest, (iv) obtaining winner status using fraudulent means, or (v) engaging in otherwise unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behaviour. Furthermore, any resale or auction or attempt to resell or auction of Sunshine Radio’s complimentary prizes, if any, will result in disqualification for all future Sunshine Radio contests. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SUNSHINE RADIO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Unless prohibited by law, participation constitutes permission for Sunshine Radio and contest sponsors, without any further obligation to the contest participant, to use participant’s name, voice, biographical data and likeness for promotional purposes.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: These rules apply to all Sunshine Radio sponsored contests unless modified or superceded by rules written for a specific contest, or if inapplicable for such a promotion or contest. In the event any specific contest rule conflicts with any of the general rules provided above, the specific contest rules prevail. Sunshine Radio reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to the rules of any contest at any time without notice. Sunshine Radio reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of any contest, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all participants Sunshine Radio shall not be responsible for any administrative errors involved in the execution of any contest. Copies of the Official Rules for any contest may also be attained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope with the identity of the contest inquiry to Sunshine Radio. For a list of recent contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sunshine Radio Winners List, Suite 5, Penn House, Broad Street, Hereford HR4 9AP or for Murfin Media Ltd, 11, Burway Trading Estate, Bromfield Road, Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 1EN.
Light rain shower
High: 21°C | Low: 13°C
Light rain shower
High: 20°C | Low: 14°C
Light rain shower
High: 19°C | Low: 15°C
Light rain shower
High: 19°C | Low: 15°C